We are given two strings.We have to check whether the second string is a sub-string of the first string or not using PHP inbuilt function strpos().
Input :$s1 = "geeksforgeeks" $s2 = "for" Output : True Explanation : The string "for" is a substring of the string Matthew so output is true. Input :$s1 = "practice.geeksforgeeks" $s2 = "quiz" Output : False
The problem can be solved by iterating through the given string from 0 index to final length of the string and comparing the query string with the iterations. But in PHP we can also make use of some inbuilt functions to solve this particular problem.
- strpos(): This function finds the position of the first occurrence of a string inside another string.
- strlen() : Returns length of string.
If the index of first occurrence of the given string is within the length indices of the given string then the output returns true else the output returns false.
- TypeScript | String substring() Method
- PHP | Program to check a string is a rotation of another string
- How to check if URL contain certain string using PHP?
- How to check a string begins with some given characters/pattern ?
- How to get a substring between two strings in PHP?
- What is the difference between 'String' and 'string' in TypeScript ?
- How to check if ul has li with the given text ?
- How to check the existence of URL in PHP?
- PHP | Palindrome Check
- PHP | check if a number is Even or Odd