The base_convert() function in PHP is used to convert a number given in an arbitrary base to a desired base.
Both the base should be between 2 and 32 and bases with digits greater than 10 are represented with letters a-z i.e 10 is represented as a, 11 is represented as b and 35 is represented as z.
The case of the letters is not sensitive.
string base_convert($inpNumber, $fromBase, $desBase)
Parameters Used: This function accepts three parameters and are described below:
- $inpNumber : It is the number to be converted.
- $fromBase : It is the original base of the number.
- $desBase : It is the base to which you want to convert.
Return Value: It returns a string that represents the number converted to the desired base.
Input : base_convert(B296, 16, 8) Output : 131226 Input : base_convert(B296, 16, 2) Output : 1011001010010110 Input : base_convert(621, 8, 16) Output : 191 Input : base_convert(110011, 2, 16) Output : 33
Below programs illustrate the base_convert() function in PHP:
- Converting hexadecimal to octal:
- Converting hexadecimal to binary:
- Converting octal to hexadecimal:
- Converting binary to hexadecimal: