This is my interview experience for product development engineer role(PDE-1) at phenom people, Hyderabad. I applied through Naukri and got a call from one of their recruiters. The process took 3 weeks.
Round-1: Telephonic round
Basic questions related to resume and reason for a change. They will check your DS & Algos knowledge. It is the key for this role. Be confident in coding. All the interviewers were very friendly and talented.
Technical questions related to JAVA:
1.What is a singleton class, examples and how do you break that scenario?
2. How do you achieve runtime polymorphism in java?
3. Why are pointers not allowed in java?
4. Is call by reference allowed in java?
5. Some questions on JVM architecture?
I got shortlisted and invited to hackathon at their office.
Round-2: CodenHire hackathon
The shortlisted candidates were divided into groups of size 5 with two mentors for each team. It’s a 6hrs hackathon. The team should discuss among themselves and come up with an idea. Design the schema and important features to implement. The team has to implement the features using pure Data structures like class, object, vectors, maps, graph algorithms etc.., The mentors will be monitoring and helping in every step.
We choose “Medical SOS” idea and implemented following features:
1. Register the patients and ambulance.
2. Assign drivers to the ambulances.
3. Maintain the details of the ambulance and patients.
4. Find the nearest ambulance in a region using shortest path algorithm.
5. Find the best ambulance according to the type and urgency from the list of available ambulances.
6. Crowd funding concept for running this project.
7. Use filters for finding best ambulance for an emergency.
We implemented this in 2hrs. Remember no internet connection will be provided. This is the most important round for getting selected.
Some of the other ideas are Implementing job portals, Resume parsing for keywords etc.,
Round-3: Technical round
Discussed about previous work experience.
1.Given a sorted circular single linked list. write a code to Insert, delete given elements into it.
2.Detect the loop in a single linked list.
Tips:Try to explain multiple approaches for a given problem.
Interaction with the director. He is very friendly and discussed about general things other than resume.
Tell about yourself like a story, What makes you happy in lyf, Reason for a change, company culture. He will see whether you are inline with the company culture or not.
Discussion with vice president on zoom. It is purely managerial. He asked few things like introduce yourself, what do you know about phenom, what inspired you in phenom.
Finally I got selected 🙂 .Thanks to GeeksForGeeks.
- JP Morgan Interview experience | SDET Role for Experienced
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Akamai Interview Experience | Set 1 (For the role of Associate Network Infrastructure Engineer or Associate Network Operations Engineer)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 90 (Software Engineer role in Bing Team)
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 4 (On Campus - Feature Testing Role)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Set 43 (For MTS Role)
- Mentor Graphics Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Developer Role)
- RazorPay Interview Experience | Set 1 (Senior SDET Role)
- RedBus Interview Experience | Set 2 (Full stack role)
- Cerner Interview Experience (Off-Campus) for the role of Software Engineer
- Amazon QA role & Support Engineer Intern interview experience
- Philips interview Experience (Off Campus) for the role of Software Engineer
- JC Penny Interview experience On-campus (Testing Role)
- Microchip On-Campus Interview Experience (Software Role)
- Infosys Power Programmer Role Interview Experience
- Cisco Interview Experience – Fresher Role (CX-MS)
- Samsung Interview Experience (SRI-Noida On-campus 2018 ,Engineer role )
- Cognizant Interview Experience for PAT Role
- Cisco Interview Experience – Engineering Role
- Publicis Sapient Interview Experience for the role of QA(On-Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.