Given a cuboid and three integers L, B and H. If the length of the cuboid is increased by L%, breadth is increased by B% percent and height is increased by H% percent. The task is to find the percentage increase in the volume of the cuboid.
Input: L = 50, B = 20, H = 10
Input: L = 10, B = 20, H = 30
Approach: Suppose the original length, breadth and height of the cuboid be l, b and h respectively. Now, the increased length will be (l + ((L * l) / 100)) i.e. increasedLength = l * (1 + (L / 100)). Similarly, increased breadth and height will be increasedBeadth = b * (1 + (B / 100)) and increasedHeight = h * (1 + (H / 100)).
Now, calculate originalVol = l * b * h and increasedVol = increasedLength * increasedBreadth * increasedHeight.
And, the percentage increase can be found as ((increasedVol – originalVol) / originalVol) * 100
(((l * (1 + (L / 100)) * b * (1 + (B / 100)) h * (1 + (H / 100))) – (l * b * h)) / (l * b * h)) * 100
((l * b * h * (((1 + (L / 100)) * (1 + (B / 100)) * (H / 100)) – 1)) / (l * b * h)) * 100
(((1 + (L / 100)) * (1 + (B / 100)) * (1 + (H / 100))) – 1) * 100
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Percentage increase in volume of the sphere if radius is increased by a given percentage
- Percentage increase in the cylinder if the height is increased by given percentage but radius remains constant
- Python | Percentage increase in hemisphere volume if radius is increased
- Percentage increase in volume of the cube if a side of cube is increased by a given percentage
- Python | Percentage increase in the total surface area of the cuboid
- Maximize volume of cuboid with given sum of sides
- Find maximum volume of a cuboid from the given perimeter and area
- Percentage change in Hemisphere volume if radius is changed
- Length of longest rod that can fit into a cuboid
- Breadth First Search without using Queue
- Overall percentage change from successive changes
- Program to find the Discount Percentage
- Program to find the percentage of difference between two numbers
- Find the percentage change in the area of a Rectangle
- Find Selling Price from given Profit Percentage and Cost
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.