Percentage increase in the cylinder if the height is increased by given percentage but radius remains constant
Given here is a right circular cylinder, whose height increases by a given percentage, but radius remains constant. The task is to find the percentage increase in the volume of the cylinder.
Input: x = 10 Output: 10% Input: x = 18.5 Output: 18.5%
- Let, the radius of the cylinder = r
- height of the cylinder = h
- given percentage increase = x%
- so, old volume = π*r^2*h
- new height = h + hx/100
- new volume = π*r^2*(h + hx/100)
- so, increase in volume = πr^2*(hx/100)
- so percentage increase in volume = (πr^2*(hx/100))/(πr^2*(hx/100))*100 = x
percentage increase in the volume of the cylinder is 10.0%
Time Complexity: O(1), since there is no loop.
Auxiliary Space: O(1), since no extra space has been taken.