PayU interview Experience (On-Campus)
Round 1: Online MCQTest
First-Round MCQ pseudo-code Coding test(medium level)
One day, after one week interview, took place. Shortlist for interview total 3 rounds, the single-day all rounds
Round 2: TR Round 1
- Given an array of stock prices for a day, u can buy and sell exactly once. Give the maximum profit for the day. Solution: iterate from left to right, keep track of global minimum, find the difference of arr(i) with global minimum and update the answer with max diff
- Now among all the pairs possible, give the pair a minimum gap between buying and selling the stocks Solution: I only got a brute solution, O(n*n). For each ai check for the first aj on the right side where aj-ai is the maximum profit
- Given a function that takes one parameter which is 50 percentage of one outcome and 50 percentage of another outcome, make them 75 percentage and 25 percentage. (Hint binary) .Solution: Take an extra bool variable, make it random for each call. And return binary OR of both bool variable and parameter taken.
Round 3: Managerial Round
Time: 20mins, (another guy got 1hr 20min)
- Explain the difference between Software Engineering and the Rest of the Engineering branches (mech architecture, ECE)
- Explain Difference between Scientists and Engineers
- If given advice to CEO of Serum institute with a problem to One is manufacture vaccine another one is the distribution of vaccines across the globe
- Given you can pick a scientist or engineering for each task, who would you pick and why Sol: scientist to make vaccine as he good in creating new things
- Engineering to distribute as he efficient in doing old things in a better way
Round 4: HR
- Self-intro asked me about resume based projects just describe what you did,
- What are you excepting from the company
- What are roles are you seeking, etc.
- Around 7 pm got results. 4 were selected, I was selected one of them.
- As per my knowledge, PayU usually asks more tough Problems and interviews.
- So except atleast one DP, one div2 B problem in the interview.
- The interviewers were friendly, I enjoyed the interview.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!