Paytm Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus)
Round 1 Coding Round (70 mins)
The First Round comprised of 3 coding questions which were related to Data Structures & Algorithms.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Based on Arrays ( Leaders in Array ).
- Based on Linked List (LRU – Least Recently Used Linked List).
- Based on DFS ( Find the no. of Islands ).
I Solved all these questions in 45 mins. Language allowed were (C, C++, Java, Python). Only 27 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Tips: Try to solve all the questions in less time.
Round 2: Technical + HR Round (2hrs 20 mins)
- Find Missing Number in Array (Without using XOR). (Optimal Approach Given).
- Longest Subarray with Distinct Numbers. (Optimal Approach Given).
- Clone a Linked List. (Optimal Approach Given).
- Find the Middle Node of the Linked List. (Optimal Approach Given, Gave the fast pointer approach) .
- Floyd Cycle Detection Algorithm and remove the loop. (Optimal Approach Given).
- Implement Parenthesis Check using Stack. (Optimal Approach Given).
- Find Median of row-wise sorted Matrix. (Optimal Approach Given).
- Questions on Tree traversal, Height of tree, Implement DFS in the graph. (Optimal Approach Given).
After this, the Interviewer Asked me Core CS fundamental questions:
- Scheduling Algorithms in OS.
- Deadlock in OS and how to prevent it
- Cache Memory in OS.
- ACID properties in DBMS.
- Normalization in DBMS.
- Polymorphism in C++.
- Some queries of SQL.
I answered all the questions. After this, the interviewer asked me about my internship and projects ( 5 min discussion).
Round 3: HR questions
Time: 2hrs 20 mins.
- Why Paytm.
- Weakness & Strength.
Tips – Try to answer all problem-solving questions & Core CS fundamental questions. If you don’t know the answer just tell the interviewer. And make sure you know everything that is written in your resume.
Verdict – Selected from our college for Paytm.