PayPal Interview Experience for SE 2
Round 1: Online Coding Challenge
- It was held in HackerRank platform with 2 questions
- Easy question with 50 Mark & Hard question with 100 mark
- One of the questions was Beautiful Numbers and I don’t remember the other question. https://www.hackerearth.com/problem/algorithm/beautiful-numbers-05de0f51-101121ca/
- I cleared 4 test cases (TC) out of 9 for hard question & 4 TC out of 26 in easy question
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Be prepared for hard questions from DP.
- Please follow up with HR even if you didn’t perform well. They might be busy reviewing other applicants
Round 2: Problem Solving DS & Algo
- I was asked the below question but the complexity should be LogN
- Tree Question was asked I don’t remember the exact question.
- Even if you never have seen the question, please think out loud, the interviewer will guide you
- Optimization is very important
- Be ready to write the code without IDE
Round 3: Core java, OOPS Concepts, Microservices
- I was asked core java concepts I was asked to write java 8 steams based code.
- Spring & spring boot related questions in depth
- OOPS concept with real-time examples & in-depth questions
- SQL subqueries & query optimization
Round 4: Design Discussion (System and Database Design)
- This round was supposed to happen separately but for me, it combined with round 3
- I was asked to design OOD for files & folders
Rounds 2 to 5 happened in a single day and the results were announced within 2 hours. It was a long day
Round 5: Hiring Manager round
- This round happened next week, I expected behavior & cultural questions but I was wrong
- It was also a Coding round with 2 questions backtracking & HashSet
- Optimization is mandatory. This round depends on the manager could be technical discussion or even design discussion
Verdict – Selected