PAN Full Form
PAN stands for Personal Area Network
PAN is a computer network organized around an individual for personal use only. It provides data transmission through various electronic devices. This network type is employed in various basic day to day technologies requiring some form of a digital connection. Thomas Zimmerman was the first research scientist to bring the idea of the Personal Area Network.
PANs can be used for communication among the personal devices themselves, or for connecting to a higher level network and the Internet where one master device takes up the role as a gateway. They typically involve a computer, phone, printer, tablet, or some other device like a PDA.
Types of PAN
There are two types of PAN:
- Wired PAN: Wired Personal Area Networks provide short connections between peripherals. It is created by using a USB.
- Wireless PAN
Wireless Personal Area Network is known as WPAN and as the name says it generates PAN wirelessly. Bluetooth is the most common example of such networks. Apart from this, TV remotes, Wireless printers, Wireless Keyboards, Wireless mouse all employ the same technology.
- Effective: Useful for creating a simple network which can carry out a basic task.
- Easy: creating such connections literally just requires a few clicks.
- Simple: Any person with no or basic knowledge of technology can easily learn to create of such kind.
- Range: Its range is 10 meters to 33 meters which is purely sufficient for a small network
- No need for extra equipment, cable or wires.
- It is easy to use.
- Easy to connect to multiple devices
- Affordable cost.
- Fully secure.
- Can be easily used in wireless technologies.
- Synchronize data between different devices.
- Range is less.
- Transfer of data is slow.
- Cannot work efficiently if objects are in between because infrared rays travel in a straight line.
- Interferes with radio signals.
- It can possess health issues.
- Costly in terms of communication devices.