Pair Testing in Software Testing
Prerequisite: Software Testing
Pair Testing is verification in software by duo team members operating behind a machine. The first member controls mouse and keyboards and the second member make notes and discusses test scenarios and prepare/question. One of them has to be a tester and the next has to be a developer or business analyst.
Pair programming is a familiar practice in extreme programming. Therefore, Pair programming considered as a great approach for programming software. Like wise pair testing is an alike process for testing software.
Advantages Of Using Pair Testing:
- Developers have an approach to the software from a different or a positive view. They discuss and discover what happens if I execute it or what will happen if a business analyst doesn’t implement it.
- While Pair Testing enforces with a business analyst, they exchange idea and knowledge like an analyst and tester between them.
- When a new project begins with the new team members there often a hurdle between testers and developers.
- If we find any trouble and want to register them in a bug registration system the trouble is automatically revisualize, therefore walking in pairs will help each other to be sharp.
Disadvantages Of Using Pair Testing:
When you don’t know the accurate condition for setting of Pair Testing, you ought or not use it.
- All enforced test should be automatic and the solution of PT is findings and not test cases. We can’t use the outcome of PT session right after test automation.
- When there are team members there are chances that two team members may end a classing with each other. That’s why we should not use PT when the team members not communicating or working together well.
- If you are planning to enforce structure test cases, it can’t add more value or zero value executing the test cases together. The task should be performed by one team member alone.
Setting of Pair Testing:
- The team members should obligate together. It is not going to work when we try to force cooperation, so we need to create to workable atmosphere.
- There should be a separate room or table where the team members can perform without being interrupted. They should also switch off their mobile phone and notification for better work.
- The work place consists of two people who would sit behind one desk. You can’t force people if there is no space.
Preparing Pair Testing Session:
- We should create an ET charter.
- We should define the concentration and syllabus of test.
- We should elaborate the aims or the goals for the test.
- We should fix a time limit to carry out the test. Normally one session is ninety minutes.
- We should plan the meeting in a proper coordinate manner.
Execution Of Pair Testing Session:
- While carrying out the session the team members should discuss the test parts and how deeply the test should be. The test should be with the targets, focused and the part of the test as described in the ET charter.
- First team member (the driver) controls key board and mouse and the second team members analyses, ask question, prepare notes.
Pair Testing(PT) Finishing:
After the completion of PT session the discoveries will be submitted to the bug registration system. If need and not completed. The ET charter will be upgraded, the aim test will be tested where problems were found and other remarks will be checked. The scope of the ET charter is a short and calculation of the PT session, what has been went well and what should be looked after for improvement.
Finally, it is a blend of team work and testing but it has many advantages like sharing knowledge about testing and SUT, training new members, making barrier between members and above that it is fun. we should use pair testing wisely.