Pafy – Checking if each item of Playlist is HD
In this article we will see how we can check each item of playlist is HD or not in pafy. Pafy is a python library to download YouTube content and retrieve metadata. Pafy object is the object which contains all the information about the given video. A playlist in YouTube is a list, or group, of videos that plays in order, one video after the other. On YouTube, HD indicates that a video has between 720 and 1080 lines of vertical resolution (shown as 720p or 1080p in the quality settings of the YouTube player) compared to 360 or 480, which are typical for SD.
We can get the playlist from youtube in pafy with the help of
get_playlist method, below is the command given to do this
The playlist url should exist on youtube as it get the information of those videos which are present on the youtube. YouTube is an American online video-sharing platform.
Steps for implementation
1. Import the pafy module
2. Get the playlist with the help of URL of playlist
3. Return play list work as dictionary so use ‘items’ as key with the return playlist
4. Store the result in variable and from the items select the single item
5. With the single item use ‘playlist_meta’ key with it to get the meta data
6. With the meta data use ‘is_hd’ key this will return True is item is available in HD
Below is the implementation