The setup() function runs when the program starts. It is used to set the initial environment properties such as text-color, screen size, background-color and load the media file such as images and fonts. The program contains only one setup() function. The setup() function can not be called again after its initial execution.
Note: The variable declaration within setup() function can not be access by other functions including draw() function.
Below examples illustrate the setup() function in p5.js:
- AWS EC2 Instance Setup with Apache Server
- Environment setup for JSP
- Setup API for GeeksforGeeks user data using WebScraping and Flask
- Angular CLI | Angular Project Setup
- ES6 | Environment Setup
- How to Setup View Engine in Node.js ?
- How to Setup Handlebars View Engine in Node.js ?
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Python in Windows?
- How to Setup Atom Editor with all the required Packages?
- How to Setup Browsersync for Web Development in Ubuntu?
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP | imagecreatetruecolor() Function
- p5.js | year() function
- D3.js | d3.utcTuesdays() Function
- PHP | ImagickDraw getTextAlignment() Function
- PHP | Ds\Sequence last() Function
- Function to escape regex patterns before applied in PHP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.