The random() function in p5.js is used to return a random floating point number between ranges given as the parameter.
Parameters: This function accepts three parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- Min: This is the lower bound of the random number which is going to be created. This is an inclusive number with the created random number.
- Max: This is the upper bound of the random number which is going to be created. This is an exclusive number with the created random number.
- Array: This is an array of some elements from which any random number is returned.
Return Value: It returns the random number.
Below programs illustrate the random() function in p5.js:
Example 1: This example uses random() function to return a random floating point number between the given range.
Note: In the above code, in variable “C” only one parameter is passed then it returns a random number from lower bound 0 to upper bound of that number.
Example 2: This example uses random() function to return a random floating point number between the given range.
- How to get random value out of an array in PHP?
- Generating Random String Using PHP
- Program to generate random string in PHP
- How to generate a random, unique, alphanumeric string in PHP
- PHP program to Generate the random number in the given range (min, max)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.