The pause() function is an inbuilt function in p5.js library. This function is used to pause the played audio on the web. The pause function should call after the play() function. If you call before that it has nothing to pause.
pause( startTime )
Note: All the sound-related functions only work when the sound library is included in the head section of the index.html file.
Parameter: This function accepts a single parameter as mentioned above and described below:
- startTime: This parameter holds an integer number as seconds that defines the scheduled event and it is an optional parameter.
Online editor: https://editor.p5js.org/
Environment Setup: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/p5-js-soundfile-object-installation-and-methods/
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by p5.js pause() function are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML | DOM Video pause( ) Method
- HTML | Audio/Video DOM pause Event
- HTML | DOM Audio pause() Method
- How to play/pause video using jQuery ?
- Node.js | Stream readable.pause() Method
- Node.js | Readable Stream pause Event
- CSS pause-before Property
- CSS pause-after Property
- CSS pause Property
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP | imagecreatetruecolor() Function
- p5.js | year() function
- D3.js | d3.utcTuesdays() Function
- PHP | ImagickDraw getTextAlignment() Function
- PHP | Ds\Sequence last() Function
- Function to escape regex patterns before applied in PHP
- PHP | array_udiff_uassoc() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.