The pan() function is an inbuilt function in p5.js library. This function is used to control the panning the played audio on the web. This function has a range of between (-1) which means the left side to (1) which means the right side. This panning also can be controllable by a slider by dividing that in different ranges.
Note: All the sound-related functions only work when the sound library is included in the head section of the index.html file.
Parameter: This function accepts two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- panValue: This parameter is used to hold the stereo pan value and it is optional.
- timeFromNow: This parameter is used to holds an integer value of time in the second format, after that time the defining event will happen and it is optional.
Example 1: In this example, the audio will play at your left side after 4 seconds, then after 4 more seconds it will be played at the right side for the rest of the time.
Example 2: In this example, you can control the pan effect by a slider, left to right and vice-versa. Starting will be 0, which means both sides will be played.
Online editor: https://editor.p5js.org/
Environment Setup: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/p5-js-soundfile-object-installation-and-methods/
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by p5.js pan() function are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- D3.js | d3.hsl() Function
- PHP | exp() Function
- PHP | max( ) Function
- PHP | min( ) Function
- p5.js | min() function
- PHP | ord() Function
- p5.js | second() function
- p5.js | max() function
- D3.js | d3.map.has() Function
- D3.js | d3.map.get() Function
- p5.js | hex() function
- PHP | Ds\Set last() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.