The jump() function is an inbuilt function in the p5.js library. This function is used to jump at some specific point of playing audio, just required the time position of that audio. which is playing that time on the web.
jump( cueTime, duration )
Note: All the sound-related functions only work when the sound library is included in the head section of the index.html file.
Parameter: This function accepts two parameter as mentioned above and described below.
- cueTime: This parameter holds an integer number as seconds that defines the cue time in seconds.
- duration: This parameter holds an integer number that defines the duration of playback in seconds.
Example 1: In this example the song will jump at second 7 position of the song.
Example 2: In this example the song will jump at middle position of the song if you press the button.
Note: May after crossing the middle postion if you press the button again another time song will be played from middle position.
Online editor: https://editor.p5js.org/
Environment Setup: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/p5-js-soundfile-object-installation-and-methods/
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by p5.js jump() function are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- How to jump to top of browser page using jQuery?
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP | Ds\Set contains() Function
- p5.js | tan() function
- p5.js | sin() function
- p5.js | pan() Function
- D3.js now() function
- PHP | Ds\Set xor() Function
- CSS | url() Function
- p5.js | log() function
- D3.js | d3.max() function
- p5.js | cos() function
- p5.js | nfp() Function
- p5.js | nfs() Function
- PHP | Ds\Set first() Function
- D3.js | d3.map.has() Function
- p5.js | second() function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.