Oyo Rooms Interview Experience(On Campus for Software Engineer)
Oyo rooms visited our campus and it conducted 3 rounds for the Software engineer role.
Round 1: Online Test
- First round is an online coding round which contains 10 MCQ and 2 programming questions.
- MCQs were on os, dbms, mainly. The difficulty level was medium.
- Question 1: Longest increasing subsequence : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/longest-increasing-subsequence-dp-3/
- Question 2; Gray code (most optimised way): https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/generate-n-bit-gray-codes/
Round 2: Technical Skills
It began with a quick set on questions on resume.
- 1-2 projects asked in brief
- difference between interface and abstract class: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-abstract-class-and-interface-in-java/
- write method to show difference between pass by value and pass by reference
- oops principles :https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/object-oriented-programming-oops-concept-in-java/
Note: The code should be correctly written
1. The interviewer then asked me to write the code to print the vertical traversal of a binary tree.
2. It was a variation of tic and toe with n rows and n columns. I was told the winning states and was asked to implement it. — the question was asked because I have implemented tic tac toe in a project.
3. The minimum time is taken to burn the tree completely if the leaves of the tree are set to fire. (bfs solution)
Round 3: Technical Skills
- Asked to tell which concept to be used to design a message delivery system in which every message has priority.
- Continuing the above question — heap implementation was asked in detail.
- histogram question– https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/largest-rectangle-under-histogram/
- I was asked to tell how to design a dictionary (Trie data structure used) only concept was asked. Didn’t ask to write code.
Also , the focus was to check to write code correctly, problem solving skills and also optimizing the code further.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.