Round 0: I was given two problems to solve on paper (I wrote this as zero because it was not elimination round)
- Given a linked list N1 -> N2 -> N3 -> N4 …… -> Nk, you have to convert this to N1 -> Nk -> N2 -> Nk-1 …. and so on.
- Given a cost matrix, you have to find the minimum cost to travel from station 0 to station n-1. (you can only travel in ascending direction)
i.e you have to travel from station 0 to station 3 and values of the matrix are cost like station 0 t0 2 in the first-row cost would be 78
stations 0 1 2 3 0 0 26 78 90 1 Infinite 0 34 60 2 Infinite Infinite 0 65 3 Infinite Infinite Infinite 0
Round 1: Started with the introduction and then moved to following questions.
- In this round, I have been asked to articulate my approach to round 0 questions and some optimization question (i.e how would you reduce iteration in the first question).
- Deceberry number
- It started with my current project and it’s functionality.
- Design OYO pricing system with following Constraints Place, Hotel Stars, Dates, Room type etc. and many counter questions were asked.
- Word Ladder
- Design OYO Notification system (Generic). The question was purely vague, I had to discuss with the interviewer with my own pros and cons and proceed.
- How to check a Binary Tree is BST or not.
Round 4: Hiring Manager Round.
- Discussion around my current project.
- Discussion about my Difficult situations, and how did I tackle one.
- Discussion around what I did apart from my job for the current company.
- Design a Snake and Ladder game. (just main classes will do), further question how would you track snake and ladder.
- Write test cases around it.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.