Coding Round: It had 20 MCQ’s and 2 coding questions.
First question was:
- Given a source and destination in a NxN maze find the shortest path between them, some of the cells are occupied and one cannot find path through them.
Second question was:
- Given d, a, b and an array of integers. You can add/subtract a and b to d any number of times. You have to find the count of array elements which can be formed by applying these operations to d.
30 students were selected for the F2F interviews out of 150.
Round 1: The interviewer was very friendly. The round began with usual introduction and then he asked me DS/Algo questions.
- Implement a Data structure in which following operations can be done efficiently (a) find max element (b) insert (c) delete any element
- Write code for all operations of Heap data structure.
- Find the sum of last n nodes of the given linked list
- Given a Binary tree which can contain values only 0 and 1. You need to find and of nodes in left and right subtree. If a node has only one or zero child then don’t change its value.
This round lasted around an hour. 21 students were selected for the second round.
Round 2: After the introduction part he asked me OS related questions.
- There was detailed discussion on what is Deadlock, conditions for deadlock, methods for removing deadlock
- Then he asked me some questions on my projects which I had mentioned in my resume. He told me to write all use cases of a project.
- Then he asked some web related questions – what is tomcat server, what is difference between App server and Web server.
- He asked me one design problem – Build a system where a student can prepare resume according to format specified by the University.
- At last he asked me one coding question – Print all cycles in a directed graph.
Finally, they selected 13 students from my college and thankfully I was one of them.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.