Oyo conducted placement drive for SDE -1 at our college ( LNMIIT ). They first conducted the online round
Online round consisted of 2 coding problems and around 20 MCQ’s
First question was:
Given a source and destination in a NxN maze find the shortest path between them, some of the cells are occupied and one cannot find path through them.
Second question was:
Given d, a, b and an array of integers. You can add/subtract a and b to d any number of times. You have to find the count of array elements which can be formed by applying these operations to d.
30 students were selected for the F2F interviews out of 150.
F2F Round 1:( 90 mins) The interviewer asked me to tell about myself and my projects . Then he asked me to explain one of my project which was on ML. Then he shifted his focus towards data structure and algorithms .He asked 3 problems
Problem 3 : Given an array arr of size n and a number x . Count and print all sub-sequences with sum x.
an easy version of this problem is attached below
The problems that were asked I found them a little bit tough to solve. Though i got to the exact solutions that was expected but i took my time and I found problem 2 to be toughest of the 3.
Advice- Be confident and take your time and keep on telling interviewer about what you are thinking and what your thought process is .He is more keen to see your thought process rather than your final solution
21 students were selected for the second round.
F2F Round 2: (135-150 mins…..a very long round …even i was astonished …though in this round only the interviewer got very impressed from me) :
I answered every one of them and i found them quite easy and by now i was more confident then ever and kept on answering with more confidence
Now the interviewer shifted his focus on computer science fundamentals and asked me to explain the things that he is going to ask in detail
he started with DBMS
DBMS -Indexing, ACID properties, Normaliztion.
then he moved on to OS
OS- define Synchronization, define critical section, define deadlock, brief on bankers algorithm, method to remove deadlocks, define paging.
Advice – Interviewers are always cool and they always ensure that the interviewee is comfortable.Its all about confidence and patience . Your hard work will always get rewarded.
They decided to take 3rd round for some students . Some students were already placed by now. I am so unlucky af but as it turns out your patience and hard work is always rewarded .
F2F Round 3:( 90 – 100 mins )
He started with 2 problems on designing stuff . I am not able to recollect both of them exactly but one was on designing minesweeper game
now he shifted his focus on data structures and algorithms
now he asked some basic things in OS and DBMS which were already asked to me in my 2nd round also I answered them very quickly
now he took a sort of HR round which lasted for 10 mins and basically he was asking about my self and also asked me if i want to ask something .I asked him about his work and daily life at oyo rooms
Round 3 over . Now comes the best part . I was given FTE at oyo rooms and my happiness was on another planet
13 students were given offer at oyo rooms.
Final Advice – Practice makes a man perfect.Keep on practicing and your hard work will always be rewarded.You just have to be patient and confident.
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience for Software Engineer
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Fresher)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Backend Profile)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Senior Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus for Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For SDE-II, Gurgaon)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience (On Campus) 2018
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (For SDE2)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 7
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 8 (Software Engineer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 9 (Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 10 (SDE-1)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience (On-Campus for SDE)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience 2018
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.