This was a conventional coding challenge round. Interviewbit platform was used. There were two coding questions for 150 points and 100 points respectively. The 150 point question was maximum size rectangle binary sub matrix of 1s and the 100 point question was longest consecutive subsequence. This was followed by 22 MCQs each having 2 points based on the basics of OOPS, C++, pointers, functions and OS. I solved the 100 point question completely and solved many of the MCQs and was selected for the next round.
This was a technical interview round. It started with a self-introduction and discussion of previous works. From there it moved on to questions. The following questions were asked:
- A Puzzle: Estimate the next element in the given series – 1, 11, 21, 1121, 121121, … (look-and-say sequence)
- A Coding Question: I had to describe the algorithm, write a program on a sheet of paper and discuss its time and space complexity. The question asked was, print nodes in top view of a tree.
- A Coding Question: Similar to the above. The following question was asked: find the next greater number using the same set of digits. I was additionally asked what changes will you make if the number is a negative number.
I was able to answer all the questions and I moved on to the next round.
It was similar to the previous round. The following questions were asked:
- Clone a linked list with next and arbitrary pointer
- Minimum number of platforms required for railway station
- Balanced paranthesis
- How to select a random song from a given playlist without repetition? (How to avoid worst-case scenarios of O(inf) where the same song is picked again and again?)
- What is deadlock?
- Difference between SQL and NoSQL
I was able to answer all the questions except for the first one.
There was no HR round per se. I was selected after these 3 rounds.