Round 1: Round 1 was for 200 marks. 25 MCQs and 2 coding questions .The MCQs were mostly on aptitude and some were Technical (C++ output problems ) questions. Each of the MCQs carried 2 marks . One coding was a cakewalk problem (50 marks) and the other was medium level (100 marks) .
The first question was https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/minimum-number-of-bracket-reversals-needed-to-make-an-expression-balanced/
The 2nd question was https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/stock-buy-sell/ . I solved it recursively and it passed all the testcases .
Round 2: I got shortlisted for the next round .It was one-on-one interview . The interviewer asked me 2 questions on data structures .
- Print all the ancestors between 2 nodes of a binary tree. Its a modification to the following problem
- Given an sorted array try to find an element whose a[i]=i . I gave a linear solution to this problem . The interview told me to optimize it . So i used binary search to do the operation. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-a-fixed-point-in-a-given-array/
Round 3: The interviewer asked me why i wanted to join OYO and to introduce myself .Then he asked me 2 coding questions .
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-maximum-possible-stolen-value-houses/ . I first gave him a O(n^2) soln. He wasnt satisified with the approach and asked me to optimize it more and gave me some hint, which is how i arrived at O(n) solution.
- Other than the code, Difference between starving and deadlock (OS ) and why do we need so many scheduling algorithms.
Round 4: This was the last round . The interviewer asked me 2coding and a puzzle .
- http://www.mytechinterviews.com/one-box-of-defective-balls . I wasnt able to reach the solution so he helped me, and then modified the question to “if there are n buckets and m defective buckets how will you find m ? “
- After all this he asked me to choose between any one of the OS, Networks, dbms . I chose OS, so he asked me, if there is a critical section and if only two threads should access it, what should i use to do it . I told him, i would use semaphores with length of two so that at a time only 2 threads can access it.
After such lengthy process i finally got selected as (FTE + Intern) in oyo .
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience for Software Engineer
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Fresher)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Backend Profile)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Senior Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus for Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For SDE-II, Gurgaon)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience (On Campus) 2018
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (For SDE2)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 7
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 8 (Software Engineer)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 9
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 9 (Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 10 (SDE-1)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience (On-Campus for SDE)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience 2018
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.