There were 3 rounds of interviews and cut off percentage was 70%.
Round 1 (online on hackerearth)
It included 20 MCQ’s and 2 coding questions. MCQ’s were mainly from C/C++, Data Structures, Algorithms, OS and Aptitude.
There was no negative marking. The difficulty level was average. 2 coding Questions were:
1. Given ratings of a movie in an array such that -10 <= Ratings[i] <= 10. you have to do k operations on the array.
one operation means changing the sign of the rating. we are allowed to perform more than one operation on a single rating. we need to find maximum sum of the ratings.
2. Given n runners running on a circular track. each runner when cross another runner, they exchange gems. Given an array of the time taken (in minutes) by each runner to complete the circular track and an integer k. find the number of exchanges that will happen until k minutes are passed.
35 Students out of 120 (Approx) were shortlisted after this round.
Round 2 (Technical Round 1)
The interviewer first asked me my introduction and then he asked me about my projects in details.
then he gave me 2 coding questions.
Q2. next largest palindromic number. Similar to this
He then asked me my favorite subject and why it is so.
20 students out of 35 were shortlisted.
Round 3 (Technical Round 2)
The interviewer asked me about my summer internship in detail and then started with coding questions.
Q1. Given an array of n pairs of type (x,y). A pair P1 (x1,y1) will defeat a pair P2 (x2,y2) if and only if (x1>x2 && y1>y2).
find which pairs in the array can never be defeated. He asked me to solve it in nlogn without extra space.
Q2. Find LCA for 2 nodes in a binary tree. He asked me to write complete code including header files, main function, Tree structure and helper
functions for constructing the tree.
Based on the interviewer’s feedback, some students were directly selected after this round and they took the 3rd technical round for others.
I got selected in This round. Finally, they selected 10 students. The interviewers were polite and helpful.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- 7 Innovation Labs Interview Experience (6 Months Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)