Oyo visited our campus for the SDE-1 profile and a total of 1652 students applied for it.
Round 1 (Online test):
- The first round consisted of 10 MCQs that were based on DBMS, OS, and DSA (especially sorting and heap).
- It also had 2 Programming Questions
- Count of ways to travel a cyclic path in N steps in a Triangular Pyramid
After this 64 students were shortlisted.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): It was purely based on your knowledge in Data Structure. I would advise practicing a lot of problems based on all kinds of data structures. Before starting the interview, the interviewer asked if I had any weak points in DS to which I replied Dynamic Programming, so he excluded that from my interview.
He asked 3 DSA questions. It was mostly a discussion-based interview so you should be conversing along with the coding. The idea was to look at the approach and if you know how to code properly or not.
- The minimum cost of ropes.
- Largest Sum Contiguous Subarray
- Find four elements a, b, c and d in an array such that a+b = c+d
Round 3 (Technical Interview): It was also mainly concerned about the knowledge in data structures.
- He asked one question from data structures Sliding Window Maximum (Maximum of all subarrays of size k). I told him a double-ended queue algorithm as I already knew about it. He then asked me some other approach for this after which I came up with the heap approach which we discussed and came to a solution for which I coded then.
- Then he asked about the sorting algorithms I know. I told Bubble, insertion, selection, quick, merge, heap. He asked about the time complexities of all these.
- Then he asked the time complexity of insertion in a binary search tree, the height of both balanced and unbalanced BST
- Then he asked a couple of questions from OS and DBMS which were pretty easy.
After this 11 students were selected, and I was one of them
Note: Write the syntax carefully. Their main focus was your programming skills and not your resume so focus on that.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.