Overview of Google Admob
In order to earn money from the Android app or game, there are several ways such as in-App Purchases, Sponsorship, Advertisements, and many more. But there is another conventional approach to earn money from the Android app is by integrating an advertisement which is known as Google AdMob. Google AdMob is created with developers in mind, AdMob helps to make more app revenue, deliver better user experience, and surface actionable insights all with automated tools that do the hard work for you.
Why Google AdMob?
- Minimum Payout is $100
- Wide Range of Ad Formats
- Maximum Fill Rates
- High eCPM(Effective Cost Per Mille)
- Quality Ads
- Personalized Ads
Advantages of Google AdMob
- Smarter tech, more revenue: As one of the largest global ad networks, AdMob can fill the ad requests from anywhere in the world. Maximize the value of each track across all the networks with the most excellent monetization technology.
- Actionable analytics: Make more intelligent decisions to grow mobile app earnings and enhance customer experience. AdMob’s robust reporting and measurement features deliver deeper insights into how the users are interacting with the mobile app and ads. Earn even richer insights by instantly integrating Google Analytics for Firebase with AdMob.
- High-performing ad formats: Engage and retain users with innovative ad formats. Customize the UX and gain more revenue by integrating native, rewarded, banner, video, and interstitial ads seamlessly into the app.
- Automated tools: Streamline day-to-day tasks with automated tools. Easy to set up and integrate, the tools offer everything from state-of-the-art brand safety controls to advanced monetization technology with mediation and Open Bidding.
Formats of Google AdMob
There are mainly four types of resilient, high-performing format available in Google AdMob
- Native: Ads that are designed to fit the app, seamlessly
- Interstitial: Full-screen ads that attract attention and become part of the experience.
- Banner: Traditional formats in a variety of placements.
- Rewarded Video: An immersive, user-initiated video ad that rewards users for watching.
1. Native Ads: Native is the newest ad format supported by Google AdMob. It gives the most adaptable design and placement to assist developers to build the perfect ad experience for the app users. As the name implies, native ads enable to design an ad experience that seems like a natural part of the app. One can customize the appearance and feel of native ads the way you’d design the app content. Below is a sample image to demonstrate how the Banner ad looks like.
2. Interstitial Ads: Interstitial ads are full-screen ads that cover the whole UI of the app. Interstitial ads give superb interactive ads for users on mobile apps. Interstitial ads are meant to be placed between content, so they are best placed at natural app transition points. AdMob publishers should thoroughly implement interstitial ads to give reliable UX and avoid unintentional clicks. Below is a sample image to demonstrate how the Banner ad looks like.
3. Banner Ads: Banner ads are rectangular image or text ads that occupy a spot within an app’s layout. If you’re new to mobile advertising, banner ads are the simplest to implement. It can refresh automatically after a set period of time. This means users will see a new ad at regular periods, even if they stay on the same screen in the app. Banner ad units can display the following types of ads: text, image, rich media, and Video. Video ads that arise in banner ad units always start muted. Users can unmute the ad if wanted using the mute button provided by Google. Below is a sample image to demonstrate how the Banner ad looks like.
4. Rewarded Video: Rewarded Video ad is full-screen ads that cover the whole UI of the app. The eCPM (Effective Cost Per Mille) of Rewarded Video ads are comparatively higher than banner and Interstitial ads and also leads to higher CTR(Click Through Rate) which results in more earning from your app. The user receives an in-App reward when they view the Rewarded Video from start to end. This type of ad is mostly used in games and also can be used in the app. Below is a sample video to demonstrate how the Banner ad looks like.