Overview of CloudOps
In this article, we will discuss the overview of cloud operation(CloudOps) and will also cover the feature, responsibilities, functions, career paths,s, etc. Let’s discuss it one by one.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
It is defined as the environment of cloud operations in which you will see how you can identify and defining appropriate or standards for IT services. It is very helpful to build the pipeline for IT operations and optimizing cloud operations. It includes network combinations, maintaining security, providing performance, proper device management, help desk, and some other tasks that are used by cloud applications and various cloud operations.
- CloudOps acts as a key partner collaborator in defining and accelerate the cloud-native journey.
- It helps to achieve the targeted goals in business while deploying, building, and delivering cloud services.
- Moreover, it helps hundreds of enterprises and web-based companies to build their business in the cloud without scarifying any performance, compliance, cost, and privacy.
- It is specific management, delivery, and consumption of software in a computing environment where there is limited visibility into apps infrastructures.
- In various enterprises, this CloudOps uses DevOps principles of Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Deployment(CD) to create some best practices for achieving better business processes.
Responsibilities of CloudOps teams :
- It is responsible for Configuration management.
- Resources allocation is one of the keys responsibilities where resources will be allocated on the basis of cloud operations.
- Using CloudOps is one of the main objectives to Optimizes performance capacity.
- To Manages compliance burden on the basis of different cloud-based operations.
- It Ensures service level agreements.
Foundation of CloudOps :
The keys concepts of the CloudOps foundation are abstraction, automated, provisioning, policy, and process automation. Whereas the abstraction decouples management from underlying infrastructure in instances, security, network, and governance can be managed through a single pane.
CloudOps Career path :
- Degree in a computer science-related field.
- Knowledge about cloud computing and various cloud platforms.
- In today’s world, the cloud operations engineers will be tasked according to the measures system effectiveness and identifying areas for more improvement. So needs to be versatile.
- There are more than hundreds of tools from vendors that can be used in CloudOps. So having knowledge of some of the cloud tools.
- Business operation knowledge.
CloudOps Function :
The main function of CloudOps is to organize teams within the required skills sets which also includes IT operations and their teams, DevOps teams, business application operations, and cloud services.
Other functions :
- Keeps the cloud services and infrastructure up and ongoing.
- Optimizes performance and capacity in a cost-effective way.
- Fulfill all the service level agreements
- Self-service cloud access
- Works on both compliance and configuration loops.
- Does proper recovery on time
Management of CloudOps :
- Cloud operation is easy but only when the management is done in a superior way. As observed the organized cloud resources absolutely revolutionize the operation.
- Simply CloudOps can’t be organized by introducing or merging automatically it with the pre-existing DevOps system. The process compilation and enforcement in between two are needed to be balanced by their respective teams.
- Some basic strategies to follow up are – preparation, creating a cloud checklist, finding the best organization, visualizing network and infrastructure, investing in tools, keep up with maintenance requirements.
Benefits and drawbacks of CloudOps :
Here, we will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of CloudOps as follows.
- It is Cost-effective.
- It follows the Easier approach.
- One of the main benefits of using CloudOps is Automated steps and provision servers.
- Cloud abstracts infrastructure from the applications.
- It can overspend on overprovisioned servers.
- It is Limited governance abilities.
- Using CloudOps Risk in security in the case of the public cloud provider.