Overview of Application Delivery Network (ADN)
Everyone has a digital device in his/her hand. Most of the time someone is busy with their digital device to access any website or application through internet. So, demand has been raised a lot for cost effective network and better application delivery. From there, the concept of Application Delivery Network (ADN) came to mind as with this load time can be reduced, IT problems can be solved faster and most important an application can be accessed with secure and proper visibility and availability.
Application Delivery Network (ADN) :
An Application Delivery Network (ADN) is a cluster of services that has deployed at the same time over a network to produce application handiness, visibility, security and acceleration from application servers to application finish users.
ADN is comprised of
- WAN improvement controllers (WOCs) and
- Application Delivery controllers (ADCs).
However Content Delivery Network (CDN)’s are focused on static content but ADNS’s optimize the dynamic content. In the total uptime application delivery network model the processing that optimizes applications is done in a cloud data center .The ADN ensures the speediness, security and handiness of applications .The ADN delivers a collection of technologies over a network designed to maximize application performance .An ADN is additionally cited as a (CDN). It’s similar to approach that total uptime takes to the application delivery expect that the list of cloud data centers are globally distributed and tightly integrated with incomparable redundancy and performances.
Purpose of ADN :
Below list represents some of the points in defining the purpose of ADN
- It helps data centers speed up load times and the application delivery process.
- The IT teams also takes help to solve problems Faster and provide a better user experience.
- Application delivery networks bundle and deploy the technologies that improves the network latency and security
- It optimizes load balancing.
- The ADN uses real time data to prioritize application and access.
- It mainly operates with two components a combination of (WOC) stands for WAN optimization controller and (ADC) which is application delivery controller. The ADCs and WOCs work together within the application delivery network to give applications more speed, availability and scalability.
Benefits of ADN :
- It offers the benefits of security, visibility and acceleration,
- It helps in moving data through the network at increased speed by using compression technologies.
- It improves network security with IP filtering, delayed binding, application firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption .
- It provides more efficient traffic management with load balancers also provides health checks can automatically reroute traffic.
Features of ADN :
These are the features of ADN
- Traffic shaping.
- Content switching.
- TCP multiplexing.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) .
- Application behavior, SSL accelerations.
- Offloads can also be managed.
An Application Delivery Network (ADN) can be implemented in various number of ways. As any modern technology professional knows, there are multiple ways to accomplish the same task within ways to accomplish the same task within an IT infrastructure. The goal is to secure and optimize the delivery of applications from the server environment to the end user .