Oracle Interview Experience | Set 37 (Application Developer )
Oracle Ltd. recently visited our campus for the role of the application developer. There were a total of 5 rounds (online test+3 tech interviews+ hr interview).
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
The level of the questions was above average.
Out of around 70 students, 40 were shortlisted for the personal interviews.
- What if the difference between class and structure ?
- Why use class when we have structure?
- What are the differences between c and java?
- What is the feature that makes java platform independent?
- Detailed description(steps) of how a java code is converted into machine code.
- 3 coding questions (complete code was expected)
There are a sequence of words and the limit on the number of charachters that can be put in a line is given as 80. write code in a such a way that the given sequence of words is properly partitioned (after 80 characters
in a line, a new line has to be started ) condition:- no word has to be split (partial placing of a single word in 2 adjacent lines is not allowed).
Example:– if the sequence is “hi iam abc iam from xyz” and the limit=7, then the output should be:-
hi iam (7 characters last character is space)
abc iam(7 characters)
from (had to split xyz entirely to the next line because “from xyz” crosses the limit 7
– Modified Minimum cost path in a matrix (dynamic programming question).There is a matrix with positive and negative integers and few cells with “X” characters through which the path cannot be taken.
*Code to find the minimum cost from (0,0) to (m,n).
*Code for the actual path from (0,0) to (m,n) through which the cost is minimized (the optimized solution was expected).
-There are a sequence of characters like “ABBAAADDEEBBD”
*sort them on the order of occurrences, maintaining their order in the given string.
output :- AAAABBBBDDDEE
- Questions on internship project.
- How much would you rate yourself in coding?
- 1 coding question (complete code expected)
There is a bus stop where people have to form a queue. People forming the queue are numbered in the increasing order and are labeled with a character “E” or “B” where E says the person to stand at the end in
the queue and B says that he should go to the beginning. If in the queue any person with bigger number stands in front of any person having a smaller number then the person with a smaller number raises an
“unsatisfactory count”. For an input, string count all such unsatisfactory counts of all the persons.
Example:- input string “BEEB”.
output: -1110, because 4th person has got the label ‘B’ so he stands in front of all the first 3 persons… so all the 3 persons raise a count for the 4th person standing in front of them.
- 1 Database question
There is a car showroom which sells or rents cars of different models. A particular car model may have many number of cars (like there can be 20 Maruti alto cars). A customer can buy a car or take it for rent if he
buys a car then the total number of cars of that model has to be decremented by 1 but if a car is taken for rent the number should not be decremented.
*Interviewer:- Now, considering all the cases and conditions design a database for the system ( he intentionally did not mention any )
**so I had shown 3 tables with all possible columns, an E-R diagram for the system, a sample J2EE servlet code and few possible SQL queries)
- Write a recursive function for finding factorial ( all base cases were expected ) (this question was asked just to test my speed )
- Why is your cgpa decreasing ?
- What is your favourite subject? to which i replies mathematics
- If you have 5 0’s and can choose any mathematical operator … get 120 out of those 0’s
- Discussed about work at oracle in detail.
- Questions on internship project.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are the areas in which you think you have to develop?
- Give a location preference .
- Why did your cgpa drop so drastically in the fourth semester?
- What are your hobbies?
Finally , they selected 7 students .
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above