Oracle Interview Experience
Cutoff: 7 CPI
Oracle came here with two profiles, Applications Development and Server Technologies. The written test was common for both the profiles.
Written Test (Initial Screening Round): The written test consisted of 4 parts. Each part had a few more sub-parts which are to be answered in 120 mins.
- Grammatical, spoken English, and passage analysis.
- Analytical, Mathematical reasoning.
- Programming skills. (Data structures, C++, Java)
- Technical knowledge. (Operating Systems, DBMS)
Around 40 students were shortlisted for ST and 42 students were shortlisted for Application Development. I was shortlisted for Application Development Role.
Round 1(Technical Interview): The interviewer first introduced himself and then asked me for an introduction. He asked some normal questions like how I am feeling, how was my day, how was written test was. He made me comfortable then asked 2 coding questions.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/floor-square-root-without-using-sqrt-function-recursive/ Initially, I have told him a brute-force approach of O(n). He asked for optimization. Then I have given a binary search approach. He agreed to that and asked me to write code for that. I had written the code in 5 mins then he asked me to dry run on some test cases.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-all-triplets-with-given-sum/. I have proposed two approaches one was sorting + two pointer-based and other one was map-based. He asked me to explain both the approaches and at the end he asked me to code sorting based approach. I had written the code in 10 mins and then dry run the code for the given test case.
After 5 mins I got a call for the second round.
Round 2(Manegarial Interview): There was only one member in the panel.
- He first introduced himself. He was a senior manager and was working in oracle for around 10 years.
- Then he asked me to introduce myself. He already had my resume with him.
- He asked some questions based on my resume.
- Then he asked me to explain one of my projects. I had explained to him that project.
- He asked me which one is a team project. I told him about one of my projects which was a team project. He then asked me to explain that project and then some general questions like conflicts in the team, problems faced during projects.
- After that, he explained a bit about Oracle and its current work.
- Then he asked me if I had any questions. I asked him about ST and Application Development roles.
After 3 hours I was informed by the Placement team that I am selected by Oracle.