OPTUM-UHG’s Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus) 2022
OPTUM, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and a Fortune 5 company came to our college(NIT kkr) for the TDP- software engineer profile.
There were a total of 3 rounds (1 online assessment + 1 technical interview + 1 HR round)
Round 1 (Online Assessment): This round was conducted on the mercer mettl platform. In total, there were 50 questions (1 coding + 49 MCQs).
Coding question (medium level): DP question. I don’t exactly remember the statement but the question was given two points starting and ending. You have to form a necklace of beads that can only be numbered from start to end but only in increasing order, and return the number of necklaces.
for eg : INPUT start = 8, end =9 OUTPUT: 5 EXPLANATION: NECKLACES WITH BEADS: 8, 88, 89, 9, 99
The rest (49 questions) were MCQs from DBMS, OOPS, SQL, and Aptitude. (easy – medium level)
Round 2 (Technical Interview): Here, at first, we had a conversation regarding corruption(which lasted for 5-7 mins), and the interviewer also said you must be wondering why am I asking these questions!
- Then, the actual technical round started he gave a coding question(EASY level)
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-second-largest-element-array/ further optimization discussed TC+ SC
- What are OOPs? (provide the definition but the interviewer asked if you have to explain it to someone who doesn’t have technical knowledge, then how would you explain — I explain with the example, and he was satisfied )
- What is Machine learning, and mathematical optimization?
- Then Interviewer asked questions regarding the Projects mentioned in the resume and about the 6-month internship.
- After near about 25 mins, the interviewer said your interview is finished, if you have anything to ask feel free to ask then I asked questions from the PPT shown to us by the company just before the start of the interview process.
Then I had an HR round
Round 3 (HR interview) :
- She asked for an introduction, I gave fluently a 2-min introduction (which I had already prepared).
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is the thing that excites you most about optum?
- Then, She asked me about the project.
- Afterward, We had a normal conversation she explained the perks and benefits offered by the company and the work culture and locations.
Both rounds lasted for near about 30 mins each.
Please Login to comment...