Optum-UHG Interview Experience for SDE-1 | On-Campus 2021
Recently, Optum-UHG visited our campus for the position of Full time SDE role and it was open for MCA, MTech and BTech for all CSE and Electronics related branch.
There were 3 rounds for the selection and total, 8 people out of 100+ are selected and I am happy to say, I am one of them and here I am sharing my interview experience.
Round 1 (Online Test): Online test was conducted on Mettl platform. The duration was for 1 hr 30 min. It was webcam proctored and consisted of 51 Questions where 50 MCQs were related to Aptitude, CSE concepts, Logical reasoning, OOPS, data structures, predict output, C++, Java, algorithms and one Coding Question. Every candidate got a different coding question and the level was from easy to moderate.
Round 2 (Technical Interview Round): Interviews were conducted on MS Teams. The interviewer introduced himself and then asked me to introduce myself. After that he switched to my top most project in resume, which was an Artificial Intelligence-based project. I explained my project and he asked a few counter questions, which I answered. Then, he asked me my strongest suit. I answered DSA. He asked me to code the following question –
I shared my screen and coded it on notepad. I tried to do it using sorting and binary search technique which was O(nlogn) solution. Then the interviewer asked me about the time complexity of the solution. It took some time but I finally managed to convince him on my answer. After that, he asked a few questions from OOPS, SQL, and JAVA.
Questions asked were:
- What is the final keyword in JAVA?
- What does the Finally block do?
- Why did you choose MCA (Since I am pursuing MCA)?
- Overloading and Overriding and differences between them.
- What are you looking for in Optum?
- Are you a quick learner? If yes, then justify.
- Given a student table with stud_id, stud_name, stream and marks. Write a sql query to print all the students whose name starts with ‘T’ and belong to ‘CSE’ stream.
Note:- This was a kind-of resume round, they were picking each and every keyword that you mentioned in your resume, so don’t write anything in which you are not confident enough.
The interview lasted for around 40 minutes.
Round 3(HR Interview): The interviewer started with his introduction and then asked few questions-
- Tell me about yourself.
- About the experience of all rounds.
- About your family background.
- What do you know about Optum?
- Do you have any questions for me?
The interviewer speaking to me was very friendly. And this round lasted for around 10-15 minutes.
In total, 8 students were selected finally.
Note:-They focused more on OOPs, projects & DBMS.