Optum visited our campus (Delhi Technological University) on 14th August for the coding test and 16th August for the interview process.
Round 1: APTITUDE + CODING TEST
Round 1 was an online test on Cocubes platform. It consisted of 30 aptitude questions to be done in 30 minutes. The aptitude questions were mostly paragraph based and we were extremely short of time. You have to be selective because solving all questions was not possible. The questions can be categorized as Einstein’s Riddle. So practice for that thoroughly. There were 10 quantitative questions too which were moderate in difficulty. (30 marks)
Part 2 of the online round consisted of 2 coding questions to be done in 30 mins. They were different for everyone. They were of easy to moderate difficulty level. Questions in my set were:
- In an array find the sum of the numbers at prime indexes (2, 3, 5, 7, 11…): This question passed all test cases using brute force method also.
- Given a number. Find the repeated sum of the digits until a unit digit is obtained. (Ex. for 25 it’s 2+5=7. for 129 it’s 1+2+9=12=>1+2=3).
Out of around 120 students who appeared for round 1 65 were shortlisted for interview. The second round was the technical interview round. Basic Data structures and algorithms were asked form linked list and tree. They asked me about the Internet of things (IoT), what is it? what are the current applications? how can it be used in future? They asked a lot of questions from the skills that I had written in my CV, so get prepared for your CV, they also asked some questions from projects some questions asked to me :
- Explain your project.
- What is JSON and why did I use it?
- What is the difference between XML and JSON?
- Why is JSON preferred over XML in the industry?
- A simple puzzle (practice all puzzles from GeeksforGeeks practice section).
Round 3: Out of 65 students 30 were selected for the HR round .HR round was just a formality, they recruited all guys who came to this round. Common questions were asked such as-
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Tell me about your skills and achievements
3. Preferred location
Finally, all these 30 were selected for 2 months internship and by the grace of God, I was one of them as an intern.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.