Optum Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Optum visited our campus for full time in September 2021, candidates with 7.0 and above GPA were eligible.
Round 1(Online Test): The test was conducted on Mettl platform with webcam and microphone proctoring.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- The test consists of 4 sections, in the first section there was 1 coding question(easy to medium difficulty), the second section was of cognitive ability test with 17 questions, the third section was of cognitive analytics test with 8 questions and the last section was also MCQ questions based on core cs fundamentals.
After this round around 60 students were shortlisted for further rounds
Round 2(Technical Interview): This round was conducted on Microsoft teams.
- The interviewer was very nice he introduce himself and ask me to introduce myself and there was 1-2 minutes of non-technical talk to make the environment interactive.
- Then he asked me a dsa question i.e string matching first I told him the brute force method and then he asked me to optimize the time complexity of the solution then I told him the kmp algorithm and he wanted me to code the solution in any IDE, he was satisfied with my approach.
- Then he asked me about basic oops concept and basic keywords in c++, then he grilled my knowledge on DBMS mainly he asked about normal forms, asked me to write some queries, and then he deep dive into joins in SQL.
- I answered his all questions and he was pretty much satisfied with my answers. Then he jumped to my resume and asked questions about the language and framework mention in my resume.
Around 35 students were shortlisted.
Round 3(HR interview): This round was also conducted on Microsoft teams. It was pretty straightforward round HR was just trying to check whether you can communicate fluently or not.
- He asked some basic questions like:
- Why Optum?
- How were previous rounds?
- Family background.
- Preferred location(if any).
Finally, 25 Students were offered the full-time opportunity at Optum, luckily I was one of them.