Optum Interview Experience for SDE Internship | On-Campus 2020
- Percentage in X and XII : 60% or 6.0 CGPA
- Pursuing Degree: 70% or 7.0 CGPA
- Only Female Candidates
- No Standing Arrears
Round 1: Online Assessment
Time: 1.5 hours
- This round was conducted on the HackerRank platform and had 26 questions. 25 MCQ questions were based on aptitude and related to CSE subjects(DBMS, OOPS, Computer Architecture, OS, Networks, DSA). 1 question was based on vectors(You had to just sort it and do simple manipulation). The MCQs were hard and difficult to finish because of time constraints.
43 were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2: Technical Interview
Time: 45 minutes
- I was asked to introduce myself and then was asked to explain any one of the projects in my resume. She told me to code questions related to searching and sorting which were very easy and also had to explain the time complexity. Then she asked me about differences between C++ & JAVA, ACID properties, DATABASE languages, and other basic oops and DBMS questions.
Round 3: Technical Interview+HR
Time: 1 hour
- I was asked to introduce myself and then was asked to explain any one of the projects in my resume again. I was asked more about the 4 pillars of OOPS, BCNF form, STL, what is JVM, differences between overloading and overriding, startup sequence of computers, etc.
- Then he had put a situation like a client wants a health application, how many team members would you require and then he had put conditions like if the client reduces the amount to be paid, reduces the deadline and one of the team members resigns, then what would you do? This was a little challenging to explain. He asked me if I had any questions. I asked about the work culture and about the tech stacks used there.
21 were selected for the internship and I was one among them.
Note: They focused more on OOPS, DSA & DBMS.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!