Optum Interview Experience for FTE (On-Campus)
Optum visited our campus DTU and it was open for MTech and BTech for all CSE and Electronics related branch
Round 1(Online Round): This round consisted of 51 Questions where 50 MCQ were related to Aptitude, CSE concepts, Logical reasoning, OOPS, and one Coding Question every candidate got a different coding question and the level was from easy to moderate
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- After this round around 150 students got shortlisted
- The interview process was for 5 days long and each day they were calling only 20-30 students each
Round 2: This was resume round, they were picking each and every keyword that you mentioned in your resume, so don’t write anything in which you are not confident enough.
My interviewer was very friendly since initially, I was very nervous so, to make me comfortable he asked a little about me, my family and how was my day going so far and then asked me in which topic I was comfortable so to that I said DSA and java Concepts
Questions asked were:
- Why java is platform independent explain in detail?
- Tell difference between the final and finally keyword
- Pillars of oops explain in details
- How to convert a list of characters into a string
- What are threads
- Explain different sorting algorithms and explain in detail how quick sort work
- Difference between abstract class and interface
- Given a list of numbers find the given key (Told about linear and binary search)
- Explain the meaning of public static void main(String args) (told about the meaning of each keyword)
- How internally ArrayList works
- Meaning of the static keyword in java
- Find the middle of the single Linked list (explained from find length method to 2 pointer method)
- How to tell the max frequency of the element in the given array
- Overloading and overriding explain in detail
- Diamond problem in java
- ACID property
- All Normalization forms and what purpose does normalization solve
- Asked overview of my project
This was like a rapid-fire round for 45 mins I was bombarded with questions and he did not tell me to write code just explain them
Finally, he asked do you want to know anything and I asked a couple of questions from him about the company
Just focus on basics and be good in medium level DSA questions