Thrashing occurs when
(A) When a page fault occurs
(B) Processes on system frequently access pages not memory
(C) Processes on system are in running state
(D) Processes on system are in waiting state
Explanation: Thrashing occurs processes on system require more memory than it has.
If processes do not have “enough” pages, the pagefault rate is very high. This leads to:
– low CPU utilization
– operating system spends most of its time swapping to disk
The above situation is called thrashing
- Operating Systems | Memory Management | Question 9
- Operating Systems | Input Output Systems | Question 2
- Operating Systems | Memory Management | Question 5
- Operating Systems | Memory Management | Question 6
- Operating System | Process Management | Introduction
- Using fork() to produce 1 parent and its 3 child processes
- Get to know Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Welcome Bionic Beaver!!
- Operating System | Allocation of frames
- Why Is There a system32 Folder in a 64-bit Operating System?
- ISRO | ISRO CS 2017 | Question 65