Prerequisite – Software Processes
Software consist of the following components-
1. Program code 2. Documentation 3. Operating Procedures
The operating procedures is a set of step-by-step instructions compiled by an organization to help workers carry out complex routine operations. It consists of all the information that is required for operating the Software. The operating procedures are equally important as the program code of the software.
The operating procedure consists of two modules : User manuals, and Operational manuals. These are explained as following below.
1. User Manuals :
This manuals is used to describe how to operate the particular software.
The User Manual consist of the following –
- System overview –
It describe the overview of the entire software. It is used to defines what are the purpose of the software.
- Beginner’s guide tutorials –
This guide consist of step by step procedure for operating the software. A beginner can know how to use software and the working of it. Overall, it helps in getting to know the software.
- Reference guide –
This guide is a help book for the users. Users can look forward for further reference in the Reference guide.
2. Operational Manual :
This manual describes all the requirements and supports of the hardware and software that are required for software running.
The Operational Manual consist of the following –
- Installation guide –
This guide consist of all information regarding the installation of the software.
- System administration guide –
This guide consist of all information regarding the Administration settings and the permissions that are required for the Software.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Modern Principles Of Software Development
- Software Engineering | Project size estimation techniques
- Types of Software Testing
- Software Testing | Basics
- Software Engineering | Architectural Design
- Software Engineering | Halstead’s Software Metrics
- Beta Testing | Software Testing
- Software Engineering | Debugging Approaches
- Personal Software Process (PSP)
- Pairwise Software Testing
- Software Engineering | COCOMO Model
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software Requirements
- Software Engineering | Classical Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Iterative Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Spiral Model
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Requirements Elicitation
- Software Engineering | System configuration management
- Software Engineering | Challenges in eliciting requirements
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.