Prerequisite – Software Processes
Software consist of the following components-
1. Program code 2. Documentation 3. Operating Procedures
The operating procedures is a set of step-by-step instructions compiled by an organization to help workers carry out complex routine operations. It consists of all the information that is required for operating the Software. The operating procedures are equally important as the program code of the software.
The operating procedure consists of two modules : User manuals, and Operational manuals. These are explained as following below.
1. User Manuals :
This manuals is used to describe how to operate the particular software.
The User Manual consist of the following –
- System overview –
It describe the overview of the entire software. It is used to defines what are the purpose of the software.
- Beginner’s guide tutorials –
This guide consist of step by step procedure for operating the software. A beginner can know how to use software and the working of it. Overall, it helps in getting to know the software.
- Reference guide –
This guide is a help book for the users. Users can look forward for further reference in the Reference guide.
2. Operational Manual :
This manual describes all the requirements and supports of the hardware and software that are required for software running.
The Operational Manual consist of the following –
- Installation guide –
This guide consist of all information regarding the installation of the software.
- System administration guide –
This guide consist of all information regarding the Administration settings and the permissions that are required for the Software.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Difference between Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Halstead’s Software Metrics
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software Requirements
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Seven Principles of software testing
- Software Engineering | Agile Software Development
- Software Engineering | Software Maintenance
- Software Engineering | Jelinski Moranda software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Schick-Wolverton software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Software Business and Development
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of good Software
- Software Engineering | Identifying Software Development Metrics
- Software Engineering | Changing Nature of Software