About Company :
Opera is a web browser for Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems developed by Opera Software AS. It uses the Blink layout engine. Opera began in 1994 as a research project at Telenor, the largest Norwegian telecommunications company. In 1995, it branched out into a separate company named Opera Software ASA. Opera was first released publicly in 1996 with version 2.0, which only ran on Microsoft Windows.
In 2015, Opera was the fifth most popular desktop browser worldwide, according to StatCounter. In Q3 2017, Opera’s usage share across all platforms was 4.02%. Opera was the fifth most popular browser for mobile phones worldwide in 2015 with 11.00% of the market, according to StatCounter. Opera won Best Major Desktop Browser – 2010, 2012 by About.com, PC World World Class Award 2004 and 2005 Know more about Opera
Recruitment Process :
Opera conducts 5-6 rounds to select freshers as Software Engineer in their organisation.
- Written Round
- Technical Round 1
- Technical Round 2
- Technical Round 3
- Technical Round 4
- Technical Round 5
- HR Round
Academic Criteria :
- 70 percent or above in B.Tech, Class X and XII.
- No backlogs at the time of interview
Online Round :
The written round consists of multiple choice questions from Quantitative Aptitude, Database, Networking, output based questions, Data structures and operating. You can practice topic wise multiple choice questions from our Topic wise MCQ
Technical Rounds :
The students who clear the written round are called for Technical Interview. To clear this round you should be clear with your basics. You should be prepared with Data structures and Algorithms, Operating System, Networking and DBMS. Students will be expected to write codes in the interview. This round mainly concentrates on your fundamentals and basics of computer science. They also ask questions from resume. You may be asked puzzles in these round. To be prepared for puzzles you can practice from our Puzzles section.
HR Rounds :
You can expect general HR questions like :
1. Tell me about Yourself
2. Why you want to join Opera solutions ?
3. Goal in life
4. Discussion about projects.
9. Questions form resume
- Thoroughly prepare your resume don’t put unnecessary information that you don’t know
- Whatever be the question you would be asked, just take your time, share your approaches with your interviewers. They will certainly help you out.
- Be confident
- Be original, don’t try to be fake
- The important topics Opera expects you to be good at are your technical skills especially DS, algorithms, DBMS and SQL, operating systems, case studies that test your analytical skills and puzzles and problem solving approaches
Questions Asked in Symantec :
- Travelling Salesman Problem
- Product array puzzle
- Jumping Numbers
- Find the number of islands (Function Problem)
- What is meant by Proactive ?
- phases of transaction
- What is E-R model?
- levels of data abstraction
- Explain loss less ?
- Explain lossy join ?
- more >>
It is always beneficial if you know what it is to be there at that moment. So, to give you an advantage, we provide you Interview Experiences of candidates who have been in your situation earlier. Make the most of it.
Where to Apply ?
This article is contributed by Amit Khandelwal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.