OFSS Interview Experience for Associate Application Developer (On-Campus)
Job title: Associate Application Developer.
Joining Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Bombay, or Chennai.
Eligibility Criteria: 7 or above CGPA for all branches.
OFSS came to our campus in August(2021) for the position of Associate Application Developer. It was entirely a virtual process consisting of an aptitude test and two interviews.
Aptitude & Coding MCQs:
The test was conducted on oracle’s promptitude platform. There were 4 sections in the test and for each section, there was a time limit.
- Aptitude: Logical reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, Mathematical aptitude, etc.
- Coding MCQs: Predict the output of the program and some questions bases on complexity analysis.
- Core Computer Science Subjects: MCQs based on DBMS, OS, and Software designing and architecture.
- Verbal Ability and English: MCQs based on grammatical knowledge and some questions on reading and writing comprehension.
45 students qualified for this round.
Interview Rounds: There were 2 rounds of interviews both conducted on zoom.
Round 1 (Technical): This was a technical interview. The interviewer started by introducing herself and she asked some basic questions like my introduction, my skills, and my academic background.
Further, I was asked to explain one of the projects I have mentioned in my resume and then some questions based on my project, mainly she asked me about a particular feature of my project. I was able to answer all questions.
In the end, there was a coding question “check if it is possible to create a memo string from a large text”. I gave a naive approach first and then with some help and hints I provided an efficient solution. This interview lasted for about 50 mins.
Round 2 (Technical + HR): This was a relatively easy round. The interviewer asked me why do you want to join this company and what are your hobbies (both technical and extracurricular) were. Then he asked me if I faced any problems during my project and how I managed with the teammates. I got interrupted by some calls during my interview but he made me relax and he was very much supportive throughout the interview.
In the end, he asked me some programming-related questions and asked me to show their implementations in java. The question was:
- Find second and third max or min elements in an array.
- Swap two variables without using temp variables.
This interview lasted for about 40 mins. In the end, 15 people got selected and I was one of them.