OCR which stands for Optical Character Recognition is a computer vision technique used to identify the different types of handwritten digits that are used in common mathematics. To perform OCR in OpenCV we will use the KNN algorithm which detects the nearest k neighbors of a particular data point and then classifies that data point based on the class type detected for n neighbors.
This data contains 5000 handwritten digits where there are 500 digits for every type of digit. Each digit is of 20×20 pixel dimensions. We will split the data such that 250 digits are for training and 250 digits are for testing for every class.
Below is the implementation.
- Python | Classify Handwritten Digits with Tensorflow
- Identifying handwritten digits using Logistic Regression in PyTorch
- Handwritten Equation Solver in Python
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Implementation of KNN using OpenCV
- Introduction to OpenCV
- Image Inpainting using OpenCV
- Gun Detection using Python-OpenCV
- Background subtraction - OpenCV
- OpenCV Python Tutorial
- Saving a Video using OpenCV
- Python OpenCV: Meanshift
- Histograms Equalization in OpenCV
- Set up Opencv with anaconda environment
- Python OpenCV - cv2.rotate() method
- Circle Detection using OpenCV | Python
- CLAHE Histogram Eqalization - OpenCV
- Python OpenCV | cv2.circle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.ellipse() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.putText() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.