An array is a group of like-typed variables that are referred to by a common name. And each data item is called an element of the array. The data types of the elements may be any valid data type like char, int, float, etc. and the elements are stored in a contiguous location.
Object array is used to store elements of the different types in a single array. In C#, an object reference may point to any derived type instance.
Disadvantages of Object array:
- It makes code more complex.
- It decrease the run-time of the program.
3.899 3 g Geeks System.Object
The dynamic array provides dynamic memory allocation, adding, searching, and sorting elements in the array. Dynamic array overcomes the disadvantage of the static array. In a static array, the size of the array is fixed but in a dynamic array, the size of the array is defined at run-time. List<T> is the dynamic arrays in C#.
Elements are: 23 1 78 45 543 Sorted element 1 23 45 78 543
- C# | Check if an array object is equal to another array object
- Array.BinarySearch(Array, Object) Method with examples in C#
- C# | Array.BinarySearch(Array, Object, IComparer) Method
- Array.BinarySearch(Array, Int32, Int32, Object) Method with examples in C#
- C# | Array.BinarySearch(Array, Int32, Int32, Object, IComparer) Method
- C# | Copying the SortedList elements to an Array Object
- Difference between var and dynamic in C#
- Dynamic Type in C#
- C# | Class and Object
- C# | Add an object to the end of Collection<T>
- C# | Object Class
- C# | Add an object to the end of the ArrayList
- Getting an object at the beginning of the Queue in C#
- Removing the object from the top of the Stack in C#
- C# | Get an IDictionaryEnumerator object in OrderedDictionary
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.