It was a pool campus drive for Internship and Full time employment. 3 colleges were called at NXP Noida office:
Round 1: (Pen paper round)
The test paper had two sections.(No negative Marking)
Section I: 8 questions(Theory + Programming)
Section II: 22 questions (C based MCQs)
Both sections have to be completed in 90 minutes.
Section I:Theory + Programming Questions:
1. Write a C Program to implement atoi function. Handle all corner cases including wrong inputs.
That is, implement the following functionality:
int val = atoi (“1234”)
printf(“%d”, val); // output = 1234 ( a integer equivalent number)
2. What is reentrant code?
3. What is a critical section?
4. Explain the DMA technique with specific 4-5 points.
5. Explain declaration and definition of a variable with suitable example.
6. Aptitude question
7. Aptitude question
8. Write a C program to create a structure having one field to input age, and another field to store next pointer to the next node. Create a linked list and take input the ages of 10 people in those nodes in a for loop.
Section II: C based MCQs
Questions were mainly from following topics: Need of Volatile keyword, normal pointers operations including dangling pointers, questions to check the understanding of uninitialized pointers, arrays.
After the test was over, they provided the lunch to all candidates, and after it they announced the results of Round 1.
They shortlisted a total of 19 students for Round 2 (i.e. Interviews)
(Rounds 2, 3 and 4 each consisted of 2 interviewers).
Round 2: C and Data structure based
1. Have you made any project using C language?
I made one project in M.Tech using C language(Implementing the Demand Paging in xv6 OS), but forgot to tell and I answered as No.
2. Tell Compilation process of C program.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/compiling-a-c-program-behind-the-scenes/
3. Print Hello World without semicolon in C.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-hello-world-without-semicolon-in-ccpp/
4. Then he asked what all data structures I know.
5. He asked to write a C code: Given an integer number, check if that number is a power of 2 or not. I wrote the code using bitwise operator.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/program-to-find-whether-a-no-is-power-of-two/
6. Given a Binary Search Tree, Write a C code to insert a new node in it.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/binary-search-tree-set-1-search-and-insertion/
7. Other interviewer asked:
Given 2 sorted linked list, write code to merge these linked lists to output 3rd linked list which is also sorted. (Do not use extra space)https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/merge-two-sorted-lists-place/
8. Given an 8 x 8 chessboard with all the white and black pieces and 2 players have to play. Construct suitable data structure to represent the chessboard and pieces.
9. Then the interviewers asked me :Do I have any questions to ask them?
I asked 1 question and they answered it .
After that I was sent to Round 3 within 5 minutes.
Round 3: Computer Architecture(CA) and Operating System based:
1. First interviewer asked me to rate myself in CA out of 5. I answered 3/5
He asked me to show the interfacing of microprocessor with memory using microprocessor pins.
I said I don’t know this much of pins interfacing.He said it’s ok.
(But later I realized I can tell about read, write pins, address bus, data bus by giving a little reference to pins at least).
2. Then he asked what are interrupts? I told it and gave reference to internal and external interrupts.
Then he asked me about these with examples.
3. What is ISR? How is it different form normal functions?
4. Where is ISR stored?
5. Then he asked me to explain Interrupts and its handling in the case when we press keyboard key.
6. Now the other interviewer asked OS questions:
(Firstly, he asked which subjects have I taught during teaching Job.)
He asked me that you have teaching Experience in College(I have 5 years of Teaching Experience at Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun), so tell me what is the basic difference between process and thread.Why actually do we need thread and in what scenario will it be useful to use thread.
7. If our system is multcore and I wrote a program.Will the program be run by threads on its own or user has to do something in code to utilize threads concept in multicore system?
8. Draw process state Diagram. Explain the scenarios/events in which the transitions from one state to other will occur. He asked it for all states.
9. Why do we need process synchronization and tell mechanisms to deal with it?
After that I was sent to Round 4 within 5 minutes.
Round 4: Mixed
1. Tell me about your family and hobbies.
In hobbies, I told reading motivational books as one of my hobbies. He asked which book have I read recently? I told the book name. He asked that what have I learned from it.
2. Which subjects have I taught during my teaching Job?
3. Where do I see myself after 5 years from now?
4. Then he asked have you worked on Linux or windows? I said I am familiar with both.
5. What was your GATE exam score?
6. Static keyword in C and its scope.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/static-variables-in-c/
7. Then he asked: You have a header file which contains a static variable. You wrote a C program and included that header file in both programs. Now explain what will happen to static variable value?
8. Explain the process of generating a .exe file from a C source program.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/compiling-a-c-program-behind-the-scenes/
9. Other interviewer asked me about one of my project from my resume (It was made in a team of 2). He asked me to explain my contribution to this project. I explained it.
10. Then he asked who amongst the two of us teammates contributed most of the part in the project. I said both had equal contributions. He smiled at this.
After that I was sent to Round 5.
Round 5: HR round
HR person asked me to be comfortable and he was talking in Hindi and English both.
1. Tell me about your yourself with positive and negative points?
2. Then he asked me about my family and father’s Job?
3. Why I joined teaching after B.Tech and not IT company?
I told him the reasons and he cross questioned me on this thoroughly.
4. The culture in the teaching profession and corporate is different.Will you be able to manage here now?
5. So, are you comfortable if I give you the joining for Banglore location now?
(I am from Dehradun. The interviewer asks this question to the candidate to check if he is comfortable with relocation)
6. Then he asked me to ask any question if I have for him. I asked him and he answered.
After that, he said that they will send the results and feedback to the College Placement office.
After 4 days, results were declared by my College Placement office and I was offered an Internship at Noida location.
- Paytm Interview Experience (Noida Office)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 39 (On-Campus for R & D Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | (On-Campus for R & D Noida)
- Samsung R & D Noida Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 34 (On-Campus for R&D Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience - R & D Noida (Off - Campus)
- Samsung Noida R & D On Campus Internship Interview Experience
- Samsung Interview Experience (SRI-Noida On-campus 2018 ,Engineer role )
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 29 (Pool Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 28 (Pool Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 30 (Pool Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 24 (Pool Campus)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 3 (Campus-Pool)
- FourKites Interview Experience (Pool-Campus)
- NXP Interview Experience | (Pool Campus Drive)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.