Nutanix conducted a virtual interview process for our campus, for the role of Systems Reliability Engineer. This is a noncoding role, hence the interview process does not contain any coding.
Based on the CGPA(7.5+) about 150 people were shortlisted to attempt the test.
Hackerrank Round: 60 MCQs on a range of topics including OS, Networking, Cloud Computing, Virtualisation, and Storage. This round is to be solved within 60 minutes. Ensure that you have a good understanding of the above-mentioned topics. I’d recommend reading through MCQ Questions from Sanfoundry for this round.
48 students were selected for the interview rounds.
Technical Round :
- Tell me about yourself.
- A good discussion about projects in the resume was followed by quite a little Networking basic questions like :
- OSI Model, Layer-2 and Layer-3 -TCP/IP Model -ARP -DHCP
- Linux networking commands
- What are virtualization, types, and examples
14 students made it to the next round.
Technical+ Managerial Round :
- Why Nutanix? Why are you a good candidate for Nutanix?
- Linux commands (df,du,free,vmstat etc)
- Troubleshooting in networking Linux commands(ping, traceroute)
- Deadlock and deadlock conditions
- Subnetting, types of IP Addressing
- Can you connect more than 2^32 devices to a network at the same time (ipv4), how?
- Storage devices
- Other basic Networking questions.
7 students made it to the next round.
- Understanding of the role
- Why should Nutanix hire you?
- Why should Nutanix not hire you?
- What “hardworking” means to you, and which would you prefer amongst smart work and hard work
- Would you rather do a job or get it done?
- Other basic standard HR Questions.
Finally, 5 students were offered the position. I was one amongst them.
Interviewers were all friendly, young engineers who ensured that you were comfortable throughout the process. They seemed to be very knowledgeable in the field. One needs to prepare OS, Networking, Linux, Virtualization, and Storage basics in order to ace these interviews.
There is no need to fear the process if you have studied the basics sufficiently. Overall, it was a very fulfilling interview experience that provided me with an environment in which I was able to answer the questions to the best of my abilities.
- Media.net (Directi) Interview Experience for SRE Role | (On Campus)
- CureFit SDE Intern Interview Experience (Virtual and On-Campus) - August 2020
- Oracle Interview Experience for Server Technology Full Time Role | Virtual On-Campus 2020
- Blackrock Interview Experience for Data-Scientist Intern FMG Role - On Campus
- Amazon QA role & Support Engineer Intern interview experience
- Nutanix Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Nutanix Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Nutanix Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Nutanix Interview Experience (On-Campus 2018)
- Nutanix Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Nutanix Interview Question | Placement 2019-2020
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Nutanix Interview Experiance - Campus Placements
- Nutanix Interview (On Campus for Internships)
- Nutanix Interview Experience | Set 4
- Nutanix Interview Experience | Set 5
- Nutanix Interview Experience 2018
- Nutanix CTO Team Interview Experience for 3yrs Experienced
- Microsoft Interview Experience (SDE Intern-2020-On Campus )
- Adobe Interview Experience | On-Campus 2020 Product-Dev Summer Intern
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.