Nutanix Virtual Interview Experience 2020 | On Campus for SRE Intern Role
Nutanix conducted a virtual interview process for our campus, for the role of Systems Reliability Engineer. This is a noncoding role, hence the interview process does not contain any coding.
Based on the CGPA(7.5+) about 150 people were shortlisted to attempt the test.
Hackerrank Round: 60 MCQs on a range of topics including OS, Networking, Cloud Computing, Virtualisation, and Storage. This round is to be solved within 60 minutes. Ensure that you have a good understanding of the above-mentioned topics. I’d recommend reading through MCQ Questions from Sanfoundry for this round.
48 students were selected for the interview rounds.
Technical Round :
- Tell me about yourself.
- A good discussion about projects in the resume was followed by quite a little Networking basic questions like :
- OSI Model, Layer-2 and Layer-3 -TCP/IP Model -ARP -DHCP
- Linux networking commands
- What are virtualization, types, and examples
14 students made it to the next round.
Technical+ Managerial Round :
- Why Nutanix? Why are you a good candidate for Nutanix?
- Linux commands (df,du,free,vmstat etc)
- Troubleshooting in networking Linux commands(ping, traceroute)
- Deadlock and deadlock conditions
- Subnetting, types of IP Addressing
- Can you connect more than 2^32 devices to a network at the same time (ipv4), how?
- Storage devices
- Other basic Networking questions.
7 students made it to the next round.
- Understanding of the role
- Why should Nutanix hire you?
- Why should Nutanix not hire you?
- What “hardworking” means to you, and which would you prefer amongst smart work and hard work
- Would you rather do a job or get it done?
- Other basic standard HR Questions.
Finally, 5 students were offered the position. I was one amongst them.
Interviewers were all friendly, young engineers who ensured that you were comfortable throughout the process. They seemed to be very knowledgeable in the field. One needs to prepare OS, Networking, Linux, Virtualization, and Storage basics in order to ace these interviews.
There is no need to fear the process if you have studied the basics sufficiently. Overall, it was a very fulfilling interview experience that provided me with an environment in which I was able to answer the questions to the best of my abilities.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.