numpy.sum(arr, axis, dtype, out) : This function returns the sum of array elements over the specified axis.
arr : input array.
axis : axis along which we want to calculate the sum value. Otherwise, it will consider arr to be flattened(works on all the axis). axis = 0 means along the column and axis = 1 means working along the row.
out : Different array in which we want to place the result. The array must have same dimensions as expected output. Default is None.
initial : [scalar, optional] Starting value of the sum.
Return : Sum of the array elements (a scalar value if axis is none) or array with sum values along the specified axis.
Sum of arr : 36.2 Sum of arr(uint8) : 36 Sum of arr(float32) : 36.2 Is np.sum(arr).dtype == np.uint : False Is np.sum(arr).dtype == np.uint : True
Sum of arr : 279 Sum of arr(uint8) : 23 Sum of arr(float32) : 279.0 Is np.sum(arr).dtype == np.uint : False Is np.sum(arr).dtype == np.uint : False
Sum of arr : 279 Sum of arr(axis = 0) : [52 25 93 42 67] Sum of arr(axis = 1) : [120 75 84] Sum of arr (keepdimension is True): [ [ 75] [ 84]]
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Any & All in Python
- max() and min() in Python
- pow() in Python
- gcd() in Python
- try and except in Python
- Python | a += b is not always a = a + b
- Python vs PHP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.