numpy.ravel(array, order = ‘C’) : returns contiguous flattened array(1D array with all the input-array elements and with the same type as it). A copy is made only if needed.
array : [array_like]Input array. order : [C-contiguous, F-contiguous, A-contiguous; optional] C-contiguous order in memory(last index varies the fastest) C order means that operating row-rise on the array will be slightly quicker FORTRAN-contiguous order in memory (first index varies the fastest). F order means that column-wise operations will be faster. ‘A’ means to read / write the elements in Fortran-like index order if, array is Fortran contiguous in memory, C-like order otherwise
Flattened array having same type as the Input array and and order as per choice.
Code 1 : Shows that array.ravel is equivalent to reshape(-1, order=order)
Original array : [[ 0 1 2 3 4] [ 5 6 7 8 9] [10 11 12 13 14]] ravel() : [ 0 1 2 ..., 12 13 14] numpy.ravel() == numpy.reshape(-1) Reshaping array : [ 0 1 2 ..., 12 13 14]
Code 2 :Showing ordering manipulation
Original array : [[ 0 1 2 3 4] [ 5 6 7 8 9] [10 11 12 13 14]] About numpy.ravel() : numpy.ravel() : [ 0 1 2 ..., 12 13 14] Maintains A Order : [ 0 1 2 ..., 12 13 14] array2 [[[ 0 2 4] [ 1 3 5]] [[ 6 8 10] [ 7 9 11]]] Maintains A Order : [ 0 1 2 ..., 9 10 11]
These codes won’t run on online-ID. Please run them on your systems to explore the working
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- pow() in Python
- max() and min() in Python
- Python Set | pop()
- bin() in Python