numpy.power(arr1, arr2, out = None, where = True, casting = ‘same_kind’, order = ‘K’, dtype = None) :
Array element from first array is raised to the power of element from second element(all happens element-wise). Both arr1 and arr2 must have same shape and each element in arr1 must be raised to corresponding +ve value from arr2; otherwise it will raise a ValueError.
arr1 : [array_like]Input array or object which works as base. arr2 : [array_like]Input array or object which works as exponent. out : [ndarray, optional]Output array with same dimensions as Input array, placed with result. **kwargs : Allows you to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function. It is used when we want to handle named argument in a function. where : [array_like, optional]True value means to calculate the universal functions(ufunc) at that position, False value means to leave the value in the output alone.
An array with elements of arr1 raised to exponents in arr2
Code 1 : arr1 raised to arr2
arr1 : [2, 2, 2, 2, 2] arr2 : [2, 3, 4, 5, 6] Output array : [ 4 8 16 32 64]
Code 2 : elements of arr1 raised to exponent 2
arr1 : [0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7] Output array : [ 0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49]
Code 3 : Error if arr2 has -ve elements
arr1 : [2, 2, 2, 2, 2] arr2 : [2, -3, 4, -5, 6] ValueError: Integers to negative integer powers are not allowed.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.