numpy.power(arr1, arr2, out = None, where = True, casting = ‘same_kind’, order = ‘K’, dtype = None) :
Array element from first array is raised to the power of element from second element(all happens element-wise). Both arr1 and arr2 must have same shape and each element in arr1 must be raised to corresponding +ve value from arr2; otherwise it will raise a ValueError.
arr1 : [array_like]Input array or object which works as base. arr2 : [array_like]Input array or object which works as exponent. out : [ndarray, optional]Output array with same dimensions as Input array, placed with result. **kwargs : Allows you to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function. It is used when we want to handle named argument in a function. where : [array_like, optional]True value means to calculate the universal functions(ufunc) at that position, False value means to leave the value in the output alone.
An array with elements of arr1 raised to exponents in arr2
Code 1 : arr1 raised to arr2
arr1 : [2, 2, 2, 2, 2] arr2 : [2, 3, 4, 5, 6] Output array : [ 4 8 16 32 64]
Code 2 : elements of arr1 raised to exponent 2
arr1 : [0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7] Output array : [ 0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49]
Code 3 : Error if arr2 has -ve elements
arr1 : [2, 2, 2, 2, 2] arr2 : [2, -3, 4, -5, 6] ValueError: Integers to negative integer powers are not allowed.
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Any All in Python
- bin() in Python
- Python Set | pop()
- C Vs Python
- zip() in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.