numpy.percentile()function used to compute the nth percentile of the given data (array elements) along the specified axis.
Syntax : numpy.percentile(arr, n, axis=None, out=None)
arr :input array.
n : percentile value.
axis : axis along which we want to calculate the percentile value. Otherwise, it will consider arr to be flattened(works on all the axis). axis = 0 means along the column and axis = 1 means working along the row.
out :Different array in which we want to place the result. The array must have same dimensions as expected output.
Return :nth Percentile of the array (a scalar value if axis is none)or array with percentile values along specified axis.
Code #1 : Working
arr : [20, 2, 7, 1, 34] 50th percentile of arr : 7.0 25th percentile of arr : 2.0 75th percentile of arr : 20.0
Code #2 :
arr : [[14, 17, 12, 33, 44], [15, 6, 27, 8, 19], [23, 2, 54, 1, 4]] 50th Percentile of arr, axis = None : 15.0 0th Percentile of arr, axis = None : 1.0 50th Percentile of arr, axis = 0 : [15. 6. 27. 8. 19.] 0th Percentile of arr, axis = 0 : [14. 2. 12. 1. 4.] 50th Percentile of arr, axis = 1 : [17. 15. 4.] 0th Percentile of arr, axis = 1 : [12. 6. 1.]
Code #3 :
arr : [[14, 17, 12, 33, 44], [15, 6, 27, 8, 19], [23, 2, 54, 1, 4]] 0th Percentile of arr, axis = 1 : [[17.] [15.] [ 4.]] 0th Percentile of arr, axis = 1 : [[12.] [ 6.] [ 1.]]
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.